It’s raining here again... so it was perfect for me to bake again. In the past, I’ve had my share of baking failures but I’ve moved on. After a quick scan, I found that I had all the ingredients for making some simple cheese filled rolls.
I truly loved my baking experience as I saw the rolls raising up and turning golden. My kitchen turned into a small bakery and loved all the aromas.
All-purpose flour 2 cups
Active dry yeast 1 envelope (about 2 teaspoons)
Olive oil 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese (shredded) ½ cup
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Lukewarm water1/2 cup
• Pour some lukewarm water in a small bowl and dissolve active yeast and sugar in it.
• Let this mixture stand for 10 minutes until foamy.
• In a large mixing bowl mix flour, salt, olive oil and the yeast mixture.
• Mix all the ingredients to make a soft dough. Use water if required.
• Cover the dough with plastic wrap for almost 2hrs for the dough to rise.
• Punch the dough onto a lightly floured surface to remove air.
• Divide dough into 12 equal pieces.
• Lightly grease the baking pan.
• Roll the dough into long cylindrical shape.
• Place the cheese in between.
• Roll the dough again to cover the cheese.
• Bring both the ends together to give it a circular shape.
• Set the rolls about 2 inches apart on the pan.
• Brush tops carefully with some olive oil.
• Bake them in a pre heated 180C oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.