I’ve been a little bored, I know, that’s not me. One minute, I’m complaining about being at home and not working, and the next minute, I’m chirping and enjoying my days. My closest friends on FB keep seeing these pictures of mine and say that I don’t have any reason to complain. This may not be the most exciting confession I have ever made.
Between all this I decided to take a break from blogging and it’s been a month since I posted anything. But to give an exciting start I decided to do a post on our all time favorites when it comes to cooking with chocolates. Chocolate is such a yummier word of English and when you add ingredients like coconut flakes, nuts, peanut butter, strawberry puree and oats to it…it becomes yummiest.
So here is the recipe for choco nest…that you can make within 20 minutes.
Makes 7-8 choco nests
Slabs of milk chocolate (unsweetened) 2
Coconut flakes 2 tablespoons
Instant oats 2 tablespoons
Hazel nuts or any other nut of your choice
Brown sugar (powdered) 1 tablespoon
Strawberry puree or jam
1. Toast some coconut flakes and oats on a dry pan for few seconds. Allow it cool and coarsely grind it using a blender.
2. Using a double boiler, melt milk chocolate slabs. To make this an easy process, break the slab in small pieces. Using a fork, keep stirring the chocolate till it melts (dripping consistency). Make sure not to burn the chocolate by over melting it.
3. Add powdered brown sugar to the melted mixture and stir well.
4. Add toasted coconut and oat mixture as well.
5. Allow the mixture to cool (room temperature). At this stage, the mixture will be gooey but manageable.
6. Make small round balls by dividing the mixture into 7 equal parts.
7. Using your thumb, make a small gap in between.
8. Keep the balls in the freezer for 7-8 minutes to set.
9. Once it sets, you can start filling the gap by your favorite fillings.
I usually like peanut butter jelly sandwich and so I fill my choco nests with strawberry puree, peanut butter, and top it off with some nuts. You can even try mint like my hubby does.
To leave your precious comments, please click on the recipe title.